Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make ahead for thanksgiving so you can enjoy time with your family!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup cut pecans
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Boil potatoes till tender, cool and peel. Mash!
- Add brown sugar, melted butter milk and dark rum, Mix with electric beater or processor.
- Put in lightly buttered casserole.
- For topping, mix together soft butter, brown sugar, flour and cut pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of sweet potatoes.
- Leave until the next day.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Very rich!