Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy sweet potato casserole. Always requested for Thanksgiving and Christmas potlucks and family meals.
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (I use 2 large cans, drained, mashed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter (to your taste, I use the 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Melt butter. Add to other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into lightly greased 13x9" pan or 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix all topping ingredients together and spread over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.