Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Paula Deen's kitchen
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 and place rack in center. Lighlty oil a large ovenproof casserole dish.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, nuts, flour and 1/4 cup butter with a fork; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, sugar, coconut, raisins, eggs, vanilla extract and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Stir in cream, combining well. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Spread topping over sweet potato mixture and bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
This casserole is absolutely awesome! I get requests for it every year during the holidays - the whole family and friends ALWAYS want me to bring it! I actually use canned yams for the recipe to save on time - no one can tell the difference, and it makes my life easier! Can't say enough about this casserole.
Much more like the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Sweet Potato Pone than the recipezaar recipe named Jazz Fest Sweet Potato Pone.