Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm not sure where I got this recipe but it is always requested at all the Thanksgiving gathering.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, baked and completely cooled*
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- *Bake 3 to 4 sweet potatoes in 350 degree oven for approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Canned sweet potatoes can be used but they need to be drained and dried. The potatoes need to be dry when starting to put this together.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a med-large mixing bowl. Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into ungreased casserole dish.
- Mix Topping ingredients together into a crumbly consistancy. Sprinkle topping on top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 - 45 min at 325 degrees.
made this at thanksgiving and it was awesome. best sweet potato recipe i've found - ever!