Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
You don't need to wait for a holiday, these are good any time!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Puncture potatoes with a fork and place in microwave.
- Cook, covered, on high for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Add pineapple, spices, and brown sugar.
- Place in baking dish; bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the marshmallows.
I made this recipe without the nuts and without the marshmallows. I really liked it and would definitely make it again. A nice change from just plain sweet potatoes.
Great. I lucked out and got some pretty sweet potatoes. I wanted a recipe with less added sugar and this was really nice. Brought out the flavor of the potatoes instead of just sweet. Didn't add the nuts as daughter hates nuts in food - go figure. Definitely want to keep track of this recipe for next time. Thanks.