Recipe by internetnut
Mashed sweet potatoes sweetened with brown sugar and raisins mix in and then topped with crushed gingersnaps. I found this recipe at Tops Market courtesy of Shedd's Country Crock Side Dishes. I made this for dinner and my future hubby & I thought it was so yummy. My future hubby doesn't like raisins and he said he didn't even mind the raisins in this casserole. They were so soft and not tuff and chewy. I think this is so very easy to make. I used crushed ginger snaps and mini marshmallows on top. Next time I make this I will double the crushed gingersnaps and not the Shedd's Spread Country Crock Spread.
- 23 ounces shedd's county crock side dishes mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies or 1⁄2 cup graham cracker
- 2 tablespoons Shedd Spread Country Crock, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, combine Shedd's Country Crock Side Dishes Mashed sweet potatoes, raisins, cream, egg and sugar. In 1-quart shallow baking dish, spoon in potato mixture; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and Shedd's Spread Country Crock Spread. Evenly sprinkle onto potato mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Variations: Try stirring in drained crushed pineapple, toasted chopped walnuts or ground ginger. Or, omit crumb topping and top with 1/2 cup mini marshmallows.