Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
Perfect for the holidays. A whipped sweet potato casserole that has a sweet crunchy topping. Cooking time includes time to boil sweet potatoes.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender - approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Peel and mash.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 cup of butter, beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread evenly in greased 12 x 8 x 2 baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and chopped pecans, and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.