Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is truly a wonderful side dish.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover.
- Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.