Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has been in my family as long as I can remember. Found this recipe in some of my mom's notes after she passed, so not sure where it come from.
- 3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk and 1/2 cup butter; beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, 1/3 cup butter, and pecans; sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was the first sweet potato casserole I ever made and everyone I have ever served it to loves it. A very easy and tasty dish.
Very quick and easy side dish. I served it with a pork loin and it was really good. I had never made this type casserole using flour and was pleasantly surprised at the texture. It was much more firm than my usual sweet potato casserole. I would recommend you try it!!!