Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is made special by the addition of the coconut.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup of butter and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- Combine the brown sugar, 1/3 cup of butter, coconut and pecans and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the potato mixture. Bake ate 375 for 30 minutes.
This is sooo good! I will be making this at Thanksgiving from now on. Made as is and it was amazing. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This is almost identical to the recipe I use for sweet potato casserole, except for the coconut. I really like the addition of it! The coconut added a whole new flavor to an old standby. Made for the Dining Daredevils ZWT 5
delicious! I actually cooked this on my outdoor grill in a foil pan, I baked the sweet potatoes a day ahead so this was a snap to throw together, I used 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup milk I did not have any evaporated mil in my cupboard, thank you for posting this great sweet tater recipe Jim, I made for ZWT/5