Recipe by litldarlin
A sweet potato casserole with southern Louisiana roots makes this an excellent side dish year-round.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan, heat to a boil over medium heat, cook until fork-tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain; set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; peel potatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; mash.
- Stir in sugar, melted butter, blending well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending smooth.
- Stir in milk,lemon juice, cinnamon & vanilla, stirring just until well blended.
- Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake until tip begins to brown, about 50 mintues.