Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really rich and probably could serve as dessert as well as a side dish. My family loves it!!
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, warm, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, eggs, butter, evap milk and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, mix topping ingredients.
- After 30 minutes, place brown sugar mixture on top.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until browned.