Recipe by Patty Mae
I love sweet potatoes flavored with butter, oranges, and spice. It reminds me of the holidays. The crunchy topping just makes it better.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake sweet potatoes in a 400°F oven until pierced easily with a fork (30-40 minutes).
- Mix topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool until easy to handle.
- Peel potatoes; place in a mixing bowl and coarsely mash with a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs, orange juice, orange zest, melted butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Spread evenly in a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle topping over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.