Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Straight from my Grandmother's kitchen. This is a Thanksgiving standard at our house.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 3/4 inch cubes. Place in a pot and cover with water, several inches above the potatoes. Boil until they're soft (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add to a mixing bowl with one stick of butter. Mash until smooth and the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar, milk and vanilla and mix. Add in the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the casserole is firm.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare the topping. Melt one stick of butter in the microwave. Add to it the 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes, the pecans, and the brown sugar.
- After the casserole is done baking, remove it from the oven and spoon on the topping. Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
Thanks for the recipe ! It's really nice !
This was a crowd pleaser. I doubled the recipe and glad I did. No fail!
I LOVED this recipe...I couldn't use the nuts in it (allergy) so I used honey bunches of Oats instead of corn flakes..it gives the crunch without adding nuts! Thanks soooooo much!