1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Bill Woodward's Note:
Straight from my Grandmother's kitchen. This is a Thanksgiving standard at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 3/4 inch cubes. Place in a pot and cover with water, several inches above the potatoes. Boil until they're soft (about 20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Drain the sweet potatoes and add to a mixing bowl with one stick of butter. Mash until smooth and the butter has melted.
- 4Add the sugar, milk and vanilla and mix. Add in the eggs and mix until smooth.
- 5Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the casserole is firm.
- 6While the casserole is baking, prepare the topping. Melt one stick of butter in the microwave. Add to it the 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes, the pecans, and the brown sugar.
- 7After the casserole is done baking, remove it from the oven and spoon on the topping. Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g