Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty holiday dish
- 5 lbs sweet potatoes (with skin cleaned)
- 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- -Preheat oven to 400. Puncture the cleaned potatoes with a fork and cook them until softened (about an hr.) Let cool.
- -Oven on 350. Remove Sweet potatoe skin and mash in a large bowl. After desired smoothness add eggs, sugar, butter, salt. Separately mix the dry ingredients (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg) and then add to the big bowl.
- -Put all of it in a 11x13 buttered casserole dish. Add the pecans on top and cook for 40-50 minute Last ten minutes put the marshmallows on top.
- -Pecans and marshmallows are for the top put I also like to put them in the main mix. For everyone I leave the potatoes completely smooth but I really like them a little clumpy.
We had this for Thanksgiving and it was really good.
I had this for Thanksgiving and I liked it. I made Turkey Shepherd's Pie With Two-Potato Topping (Or Chicken) with the leftovers and this made the top so yummy good. Thanks Chef.
I gave this recipe to my soon-to-be mother-in-law to bring to Thanksgiving 2006. She said it was easy to prepare and the directions were easy to follow. Great recipe and everyone enjoyed it. If I made this again I would add orange juice or zest for a bit of citrus. Thanks Chef!