Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the versatile root vegetable—the sweet potato. Building on traditional recipes used this recipe added maple syrup, brown sugar, dried apricots and more spices to update this holiday casserole.
- 1 (32 ounce) cancut sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup sliced dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place sweet potatoes in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over the potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.