Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 907.18 g fresh sweet potatoes
- 59.14 ml butter (melted)
- 59.14 ml sugar (you may wish to omit)
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 177.44 ml crushed corn flakes
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml crushed pecans
- Wash the sweet potatoes but do not peel them.
- Bake whole in a baking dish at 350°F for an hour.
- Once baked, cut in half and remove from skin.
- Mash with fork or potato masher, then mix in all other casserole ingredients.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes in a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Meanwhile, mix the topping ingredients.
- Put topping on and bake 10 minutes more.
- (Original source unknown).
This is the best!! I did omit the sugar! But I got so many compliments on it i made it for Christmas and Thanksgiving this past year!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make it for Easter also! But it was amazing!!
I made this as part of thanksgiving dinner this year, and it was just so awesome, and I definetely plan on making it again in the future. I am a vegan, so I used margerine, and I made my own sweetened condensed milk (from hot water, soy milk powder, sugar and margerine). Aside from that, I followed the recipe exactly with excellent results. It could almost pass as a dessert, too. Amazing!
I just made this for Christmas dinner for friends and it was a hit! Everyone thought it was a warm pumpkin pie-type dessert! I'm still building my holiday dinner traditions and I think this will become a regular addition to my meals. I improvised a couple of things. Out of nutmeg so I subbed some allspice and I didn't have cornflakes or pecans, so I used crushed walnuts and the leftover topping mix from a dessert I'd made a couple of weeks ago mixed with some butter. Very tasty...thanks for the great recipe!!!