Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from my step sister. I have never had sweet potatoes like this until hers. This is just about the only way I will eat sweet potatoes.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (, fresh cooked or canned)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all ingredients.
- Spread in dish.
- I use a 9x9 glass oven-proof dish.
- Mix as listed, drop by spoonfuls on top of potatoes.
- Places not filled in with topping will be fine, as it will spread while baking.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
This was excellent. I made it & brought it to my mother's house for our annual Thanksgiving festival dinner. It got Rave reviews. I made it exactly as listed except I decreased the white sugar to 1/2 cup- I also used 1 can of sweet potatoes & 1 can of yams. Simply delicious & sooo easy to make. Thanks for sharing this. I will make it again.
This is very similar to the recipe I use. I also add 2 eggs to the sweet potatoe mixture and use evaporated milk. This is an awesome casserole!