Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Deliciously Different twist on sweet potatoes, perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Easily prepare and serve in slow cooker.
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Lightly grease your slow-cooker. In large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup margarine, granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Beat in orange juice, eggs and milk. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons margarine. Spread over the top of sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on High 3 to 4 hours. Serve.