Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one of the only ways my husband will eat sweet potatoes.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Slice cooked potatoes and arrange in buttered casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in spices.
- Pour hot syrup over potatoes and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, basting once or twice.