Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make and delicious. I make it every holiday. It's my family's favorite dish.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned if desired)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (hot)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tbsps.brown sugar (optional)
- miniature marshmallow
- Add butter, brown sugar, salt, orange juice to sweet potatoes. Beat until fluffy.
- Add drained pineapple to sweet potatoes.
- Put in a 1 1/2 quart casserole and dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, top with marshmallows and bake for another 10 minutes or until marshmallows are browned and melted.
Have the same recipe called Sweet Potato Pudding from my Aunt Phyllis from her Cooking More Creatively cookbook. It's delicious without the brown sugar.