Recipe by Divinemom5
This is a great holiday side dish
Top Review by Terri411
I make this recipe and get requests every holiday we like it hot or cold with whipped cream on top. I substitute the sugar with 12 packs of equal and use firm silken tofu.. omitting the eggs and milk.. I also chop some toasted soy nuts in a food processor for the topping mixed with the pecans 1/2 and 1/2 makes it a more nutritional treat. No one even noticed the changes.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl,mix sweet potatoes,sugar,eggs,margarine,milk and vanilla.
- Pour into 9 inch square greased baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes .
- Can be doubled and baked in 9x13 dish.