Recipe by karen
This tastes a lot like sweet potato casserole. I think it is great, but some of my family prefers the recipes with just sweet potatoes. I'd love to hear what you think. This can be prepared a day in advance. To reheat, put puree in a pot and heat on low, stirring occasionally.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is fantastic for so many reasons! The best reason is that it's not sweet! You can actually appreciate the natural sweetness of the veggies. I used my potato masher and I got a nice fluffy creamy texture. This is the kind of side dish that could go with pretty much anything. I used low fat sour cream, otherwise made this as written. If you love sweet potatoes like I do, this is major comfort food. Thanx for posting this; it's a real keeper!
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes and carrots in a large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Add sugar and 2 tbsp butter.
- Cook until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in remaining butter, sour cream and cloves.
- Working in batches, puree mixture in food processor.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon if desired.