Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup is thick and delicious and can even be made vegan (by using vegetable broth and leaving out the heavy whipping cream). It's packed with vitamins and great for getting over a cold/flu. I love this recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot (peeled and finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth or 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Saute onions, celery, garlic, carrots, and sweet potato over medium heat for about 12 minutes (until vegetables have softened).
- Add ginger, curry powder, and any other optional seasonings. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and again bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until vegetables are soft and tender (stirring frequently).
- Turn off heat and let soup cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.