Recipe by Mrs. Mike F
A smooth and creamy soup with a sweet/spicy flavor.
Top Review by Hag chef
This is my new favourite soup! I could eat this everyday. I make this with vegetable broth, and coconut milk. It makes this soup vegan friendly, gluten and dairy free. Since I've been eliminating dairy from my diet, this is a great treat for me. It tastes very creamy and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large sweet potato (peel and chop)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (or Mayo if you want non-dairy)
- French-fried onions (like used in the traditional green bean casserole)
- chow mein noodles
- dried banana pieces (chop)
- roasted peanuts
- flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Put both carrots and sweet potato into large kettle with the chicken broth and simmer until the veggies are tender (20 minutes or so), adding water if needed to keep veggies covered.
- Saute onion in butter.
- When onion is translucent add to pot of veggies.
- Cool mixture for 15 minutes.
- Place mix into blender 2 cups at a time and puree until smooth.
- When all of mixture is pureed, add spices and blend.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Blend in yogurt (or mayo) right before serving.
- Serve with toppings on the side (my kids will eat almost anything they can add toppings to!).