1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Cakes With Tomato & Soy Sauce
One thing my family loved about living in Korea was all of the sweet potato snacks and foods. So, my family got hooked on sweet potatoes and loves finding recipes that use them. This recipe came from the cookbook "Easy Meals Vegetarian."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large sweet potatoes, about 500g total weight
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small green chili pepper, chopped
- 2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- all-purpose flour, for shaping
- vegetable oil, for frying
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Soy and Tomato Sauce
- 1To make the Soy & Tomato Sauce, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 1 minute.
- 2Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce, lime juice, and cilantro. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4Peel the sweet potatoes and grate finely (you can do this quickly with a food processor). Place the garlic, chile, and cilantro in a mortar and crush with a pestle to a smooth paste. Stir in the soy cauce with the garlic, chili, and cilantro and mix in the sweet potatoes.
- 5Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Dip into flour and pat into a flat, round patty shape.
- 6Heat a shallow pool of oil in a wide skillet. Cook the sweet potato patties over a high heat until they are golden, turning them once.
- 7Drain the cooked patties on paper towels and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve while still hot, with a spoonful of the Soy & Tomato Sauce.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cakes With Tomato & Soy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 796.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: