Prep 7 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Southern Living. Makes 2 loaves.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- Beat sugar and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add sweet potatoes, beating well.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients.
- Gradually add to sweet potato mixture; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5-inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle cakes with powdered sugar.