Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
DELICIOUS...you'll get rave reviews, and no one will ever guess it all started with a cake mix!!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups baked sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup chooped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup sweet potato, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoons spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into 2 layers (I make 4 then layers to avoid splitting).
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes (or 14 minutes if making thin layers) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining spice and sweet potato (1/2 cup) -- mix well.
- Gently stir in cool whip.
- AFTER CAKE IS COMPLETELY COOL, put 1/3 of the mixture between the layers.
- JUST BEFORE SERVING, drizzle with caramel and top with pecans.