Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
DELICIOUS...you'll get rave reviews, and no one will ever guess it all started with a cake mix!!
Make and share this Sweet Potato Cake With Cream Cheese Filling recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup sweet potato, milk, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoons spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into 2 layers (I make 4 then layers to avoid splitting).
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes (or 14 minutes if making thin layers) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining spice and sweet potato (1/2 cup) -- mix well.
- Gently stir in cool whip.
- AFTER CAKE IS COMPLETELY COOL, put 1/3 of the mixture between the layers.
- JUST BEFORE SERVING, drizzle with caramel and top with pecans.