NC Barbie's Note:
You have to try this recipe! It's a huge hit everywhere I bring it. It's very simple and a great holiday recipe. I found it in the local newspaper here and ever since I made it I have had people begging me to make it again and for the recipe. It makes two 9x13 pans so it's great for big get togethers. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and Boil the sweet potatoes until soft (you can also bake them and scrape out the pulp).
- 2Add sweet potatoes to bowl and mash.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- 4Oil two 9x13 pans.
- 5split mixture between two 9x13 pans evenly.
- 6Sprinkle with chopped Pecans.
- 7You can make a thicker cake if you prefer in two loaf pans but cooking time will be longer.
- 8Bake at 350 for 15-20 min until the edges are brown.
- 9The cake will rise as it cooks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g