1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Butter
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
My friend Janet from upstate NY came to visit me this past week. While she was in Arizona she stopped at a shop and got me a jar of Sweet Potato Butter. I'd never had it before and being that I love Pumpkin Pie flavour, this really appealed to me. I just love the taste of this butter. This would be great for a tart filling or as a topping on toast, muffins or vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes (I used organic)
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples (organic granny smith)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (organic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1In a large saucepan, mix all the ingredients together well. Bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce the heat to a simmer uncovered for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the mixture is thick and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stir occasionally.
- 3Process the mixture in a blender in batches until smooth. Transfer to jars or containers and chill for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge. Store in the fridge.
- 4Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Butter
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g