Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
My friend Janet from upstate NY came to visit me this past week. While she was in Arizona she stopped at a shop and got me a jar of Sweet Potato Butter. I'd never had it before and being that I love Pumpkin Pie flavour, this really appealed to me. I just love the taste of this butter. This would be great for a tart filling or as a topping on toast, muffins or vanilla ice cream.
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes (I used organic)
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples (organic granny smith)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar (organic)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix all the ingredients together well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer uncovered for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the mixture is thick and about 1 cup of liquid remains, stir occasionally.
- Process the mixture in a blender in batches until smooth. Transfer to jars or containers and chill for at least 2-3 hours in the fridge. Store in the fridge.
- Bon Appetit!