1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Burritos
Serve these vegetarian burrito's with sour cream, chopped green onions and salsa. For vegan burritos, omit the cheese and sour cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- sour cream, optional
- green onion, optional
- salsa, optional
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic in until soft.
- 3Stir in beans, and mash.
- 4Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- 6Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas.
- 7Top with cheese.
- 8Fold up tortillas burrito style.
- 9Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 1534.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 19.7 g