Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
The Six O’Clock Scramble
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 10 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the chopped sweet potato in a microwave-safe dish with about 2 tablespoons water; microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash the sweet potatoes, beans with their liquid, chili powder, cumin, mustard, and soy sauce until mixture is soft and well blended.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide sweet potato mixture evenly among tortillas; top each with a generous handful of cheese; fold tortillas up burrito-style and place them in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or longer if you want them a little crispy; serve hot.