Recipe by thejaybird
It's delicious. It's easy. It's at least marginally healthy.
Top Review by kl8206
REALLY enjoyed this! The unusual blend of ingredients went surprisingly well together. I believe that using the "seasoned" black beans is important to lend more flavor, and I also recommend mashing the potatoes a bit to make the burrito hold together better. I only made modest adjustments to suit my own taste, and it really came out a winner.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can black beans (mine are seasoned with cumin and cilantro)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (or similar)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potato into cubes and cook to soften. I use a microwave.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Dice onion and add to hot olive oil.
- Cover onions liberally with sugar and stir mixture together.
- Allow onions to cook until they start to blacken.
- Mix beans, corn and Rotel in a bowl/piece of tupperware/whatever.
- Add the sweet potato and onion to the mixture.
- Mix together.
- Put in tortilla.
- Also: if you're feeling devilish, you can fry the burrtio in the remaining olive oil. Mmmm.