1/3 Photos of Sweet Potato Burgers Avocado Salsa and Garlic Spread #RSC
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. As summer winds down and tailgate season heats up I wanted to create a recipe reminiscent of grilling out as we moved into fall! Sweet potatoes are such a fall food for my family and I love putting a healthy spin on a plain old burger with this unique recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic heads
- 236.59 ml canned cannellini or 236.59 ml canned black beans
- 118.29 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 118.29 ml sweet corn
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 158.51 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 whole grain buns
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Rinse sweet potatoes in cold water, wrap in Reynolds Wrap Foil and poke several times with a fork.
- 3Bake for 1 hour (or more) depending on the size of the potatoes.
- 4Take 2 bulbs of garlic, chop off about 1/4 inch of the tops, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in Reynolds Wrap Foil.
- 5Garlic can cook 30-35 minutes with Sweet Potatoes.
- 6Remove garlic and sweet potatoes from oven and allow to cool.
- 7Once cool, mash cannellini beans in a large bowl with sweet potatoes.
- 8Add in spices, egg, and panko.
- 9Mix all of these ingredients together and refrigerate for 20 minutes to help stiffen for burgers.
- 10Meanwhile mix the sour cream with the 2 roasted bulbs of garlic, squeezed for all the good stuff, honey, salt, and pepper.
- 11Blend until smooth.
- 12Take avocado and chop into bite size chunks and in a small ball combine with sweet corn, lemon juice and cilantro for topping.
- 13Heat a large pan over medium with olive oil.
- 14Take sweet potato mixture and shape into 4 patties.
- 15Cook on each side approximately 6-7 minutes until patties seem to hold together and flip.
- 16Add the patties to your whole wheat buns and top with avocado mixture and garlic cream sauce.
- 17Add lettuce, tomato and onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Burgers Avocado Salsa and Garlic Spread #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain buns