Recipe by maddymaba
These are so decadent! Definitely a really dense brownie, you can't even tell there are vegetables in them! *cook time includes melting chocolate*.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Two ingredients, chocolate & sweet potato, drew my attention to this recipe, & we weren't disappointed ~ VERY, VERY NICE TASTING BROWNIES, these! Also appreciated the fact that they were so moist that they didn't really need any topping (other than some homemade fudge sauce when I paired brownie & frozen vanilla yogurt)! Thanks for sharing a very nice recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my theme Yam It Up! in the current Comfort Cafe]
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, for melting
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for texture
- 1⁄2 sweet potato, cooked and pureed
- 1⁄2 carrot, cooked and pureed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan creamer (1 Tbsp Silken Tofu PLUS 1 Tbsp soy milk, blended together)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Melt 1 1/2 cups of chips over double boiler so as not to scorch it.
- In a mixing bowl whisk veg puré, oil, vanilla, creamer and the melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Combine in one bowl and add in 1/2 of unmelted chips.
- Place in well oiled 8x8 pan.
- Bake 26 minutes; placing in fridge or freezer to cool will help to slice it.