1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Brownies
These are so decadent! Definitely a really dense brownie, you can't even tell there are vegetables in them! *cook time includes melting chocolate*.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, for melting
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for texture
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked and pureed
- 1/2 carrot, cooked and pureed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan creamer (1 Tbsp Silken Tofu PLUS 1 Tbsp soy milk, blended together)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven at 350°F.
- 2Melt 1 1/2 cups of chips over double boiler so as not to scorch it.
- 3In a mixing bowl whisk veg puré, oil, vanilla, creamer and the melted chocolate.
- 4In a separate bowl sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 5Combine in one bowl and add in 1/2 of unmelted chips.
- 6Place in well oiled 8x8 pan.
- 7Bake 26 minutes; placing in fridge or freezer to cool will help to slice it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 96.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: