2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
The Sweet Melissa Baking Book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1Position oven rack in the center of oven; preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed; mash the sweet potatoes until smooth (this will make about 2 cups).
- 3Add in the sugar and oil; mix to combine.
- 4Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition; scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- 6Add the flour mixture into the sweet potato mixture in three batches, mixing well after each addition; scrape down sides of bowl; do not overmix; stir in pecans.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan; spin the pan to level the batter.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- 9Remove to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before inverting onto the rack for glazing.
- 10Make the glaze: combine the orange juice, rum, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan.
- 11Bring to a simmer over low heat and reduce by half.
- 12Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly before glazing.
- 13Using a pastry brush, brush the glaze generously over the still-warm bread; wait 10 minutes and glaze again.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Bread With Cinnamon-Rum-Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.4
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 305.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g