Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe out of a Penzey's spice catalog. I ripped it out of the catalog so I don't how who the original submitter is. I love sweet potatoes but my husband does not. I'm hoping this bread will be one way to get him to eat them!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, sweet potato, oil and water.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 mins or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min before removing from pan to a wire rack.