Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe out of a Penzey's spice catalog. I ripped it out of the catalog so I don't how who the original submitter is. I love sweet potatoes but my husband does not. I'm hoping this bread will be one way to get him to eat them!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, sweet potato, oil and water.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 9x5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle vanilla sugar over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 mins or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min before removing from pan to a wire rack.