Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a great fat-free side-dish. You can substitute chopped apples for either the raisins or the cranberries.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bake the sweet potatoes in their skins.
- Allow them to cool.
- When the potatoes are cool, slice them in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the flesh, leaving behind enough to hold the shell together.
- In a food processor, grind the cranberries.
- Then add the raisins, walnuts, honey, cinnamon and the reserved sweet potato and process until well mixed.
- Mound the filling back into the sweet potato shells and bake in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- If the potatoes are large, slice each boat in half before serving.
Sorry Mirj but I over baked the sweet potato so the boat wouldn't float - The skin just fell off the potato so I did it as a casserole and it was delicious. I will make this again and make the boat float. It will look so attractive
a little too sweet. might try without cranberries.
This was a hit at Thanksgiving.Just sweet enough and low fat. thanks Mirj.