Recipe by tina
This rice bowl pairs sweet potatoes with blue cheese, caramelized onions, and broccoli for a dish that will really wow your taste buds and stomach. The combination of sweet and savory flavors makes this healthy comfort food dish one that you will want to make again and again!
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced and roasted
- 10 ounces cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli floret, steamed
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch pieces and sauté in canola oil and sugar until soft and golden brown. Then, make the blue cheese sauce by combining onions, milk, blue cheese crumbles, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a saucepan. On medium heat, stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sweet potatoes, rice, and broccoli to a large mixing bowl. Pour blue cheese sauce into mixing bowl and combine well. Top with additional blue cheese crumbles and serve immediately.