Credit goes to the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission. From the book "The Color Code."
Make and share this Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet potato, cooked and diced.
- 1 1⁄2 cups black beans
- 1 cup roasted bell pepper, julienned (combination of red, yellow and green would be best)
- 1 medium papaya, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup watercress
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 25 minutes, or refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors combine.
- Serve over fresh greens and garnish with tortilla chips.