- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs, poached
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, sauté onion and thyme in oil until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper and sweet potatoes; sauté until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto plates; sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Top hash on each plate with one egg; sprinkle with chives.