Recipe by manicbovine
Vegan enchiladas... can't go wrong.
Top Review by jimenezrachel
I skipped the chilies and corn, and added a can of diced tomatoes. I used sprouted beans, homemade whole wheat flour tortillas, corn tortillas (I don't eat wheat), and green salsa instead of enchilada sauce since that's what I could find at the store. I mashed the beans and potato so that it was mixed a bit more and less chunky for my kids. The filling was delicious by itself and I'm going to freeze the leftover filling (I doubled the recipe), I'll probably just eat it plain.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned black beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 5 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sweet potato until tender on the outside with a method of your choosing.
- Saute everything except for the enchilada sauce and reduce it until it's thick.
- Wrap the filling into the tortillas, douse them with the enchilada sauce, and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees (until the tops are a little browned and slightly crispy).