Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Vegan enchiladas... can't go wrong.
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned black beans
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 5 flour tortillas
- Cook the sweet potato until tender on the outside with a method of your choosing.
- Saute everything except for the enchilada sauce and reduce it until it's thick.
- Wrap the filling into the tortillas, douse them with the enchilada sauce, and bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees (until the tops are a little browned and slightly crispy).
I skipped the chilies and corn, and added a can of diced tomatoes. I used sprouted beans, homemade whole wheat flour tortillas, corn tortillas (I don't eat wheat), and green salsa instead of enchilada sauce since that's what I could find at the store. I mashed the beans and potato so that it was mixed a bit more and less chunky for my kids. The filling was delicious by itself and I'm going to freeze the leftover filling (I doubled the recipe), I'll probably just eat it plain.
Wow! These were SO good! I only had red enchilada sauce so I used that (2 cans) and I didn't have any green chilies. They were still outstanding! My hubby said they were his favorite enchiladas ever (and he's a meat eater so that's saying alot)!
Whoa mama! Some advice- let these babies sit overnight before serving...the flavors develop and meld much better together! Whipped these together yesterday for my dinners this week while DH is away and tried the mixture after I got done cooking it...just so-so. Reheated one tonight for dinner, topped it with just a bit of 2% cheese, jalapenos and light sour cream (no vegans here) and snarfed it down!!! So good, so hearty. Will make often. Thanks so much for the change of pace Chef!