1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Serve over rice and garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions or cilantro. From Century Home Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, about 1 cup, chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey (optional)
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 4 cups diced tomatoes (and their juice)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- water (as needed) or tomato juice (as needed)
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 (540 ml) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 small zucchini (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 lime
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saute pan or small soup pot on medium high heat.
- 2Add onion, turkey, garlic and sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add seasonings and saute for another 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and their juice and jalapeno and bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 6You might need to add water or tomato juice if too much liquid evaporates.
- 7Stir in red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Add beans and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- 9Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more.
- 10Stir in squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- 11Can be made a day in advance, add a little liquid when reheating.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g