Recipe by SassiFras
The caramelized onion with the sweet potatoes takes on a superb flavor with the black beans adding a Southern touch. I haven't made this yet, but am posting this here for safe keeping. Found this @ http://www.sweetpotato.org created by the Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg. Prep time not included.
- 2 cups red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups fresh sweet potatoes, baked and cut into chunks or 2 (15oz.) cans sweet potatoes, drained and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons light margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add onion and sugar; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is caramelized or deep golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in sweet potatoes, cumin and black beans, mixing gently.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas jelly roll style and place rolls seam side down in an oblong casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drizzle melted margarine over burritos.
- Cover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until well heated and crispy on outside.