Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not sure where I found this; the ground cloves provide a different note than other versions posted here.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a 4 quart saucepan.
- Add the onions and celery and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet diced potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium, cover and cook for 25 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
- Puree the potatoes with an immersion blender.
- Stir in the milk and cloves. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reheat and serve.