Recipe by *Parsley*
Smooth and creamy.
Top Review by I'mPat
Well what a filling light dinner this made for 3 of us (yes no left overs). The only changes I made were to use 2 teaspoons of curry (1 of hot madras and 1 of regular cut with a 1/4 teaspoon on sugar) and I skipped step3 and just blended the soup for if I had left vegies there the DM would only have left them behind and it was better for her to eat as much as possible. Ours was nice and thick but that is what we like so we were very happy with the result, thank you *Parsley*, made for Went To Market.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken broth, can use veggie broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, combine the onion, celery, carrot, sweet potatoes, broth, curry powder, thyme, pepper, cayenne and white wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, 30-40 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- With a slotted spoon, remove about 1 1/2 cups of the vegetables and set aside.
- Puree the remaining soup with a hand blender (or food processor) until smooth.
- Return the vegetables to the pot.
- Stir in the and coconut milk and milk, and heat through.