Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I received this recipe from my WW leader at a meeting. I do not think that I will ever make these but thought that someone in zaar might need this, so I posted for all to use. Each biscuit is 2 points.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and butter.
- Then slowly mix in the sweet potatoes, cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk.
- Stir in egg white.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch on a lightly floured surface. Using a biscuit cutter cut out and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until they are firm in the center.
I decided to try this recipe as a healthier alternative to my favorite sweet potato biscuit recipe (Recipe #318826), but I was disappointed. I wonder if the egg white was meant as a brush on top? It was strange to mix it at the end, and unusual for a biscuit/scone to have egg in it. With the flour and milk as given the dough was very wet, and so at the end I added nearly another cup of flour. And then they didn't rise in baking. For me, the result wasn't worth the savings in nutrition.