Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These biscuits are simple, with only 4 ingredients. This came from a magazine clipping several years ago. I usually peel and then boil fresh sweet potatoes, but you can use canned. To peel fresh sweet potatoes without getting your hands all sticky, spray a little nonstick cooking spray on your hands and rub your hands together before beginning to peel them.
- 1 lb cooked mashed sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Mixture will be moister than regular biscuit dough.
- Flour table (I use more biscuit mix for this) and your hands, and roll or pat dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut with 2 1/2" cutter.
- Placed on greased sheet pan and bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 16-18 minutes.
- These do not rise a great deal so watch carefully and do not overbake. Serve with fresh butter.