This is yet another of my recipes on my "need to try" them list, but I haven't done it yet.
- In large bowl, mash potatoes, sugar and butter.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to potato mixture mixing well.
- Cover, let sit at room temperature at least four hours.
- Roll out thick (1 inch) on floured board. (If dough is too sticky, work in more flour).
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with orange butter.
- Makes 2 dozen biscuits.
Good! I didn't pre-read the recipe and only had time to let the dough sit two hours. Added additional flour before rolling out, about 1/2 cup. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Thank you Bliss for posting this recipe. I made these last night and they were amazing: even though I halfed the recipe and was a half cup short of potatoes. Can't wait to try these again. They were so flavourful, well worth the effort. I let the dough sit for 5 hours before baking.