Recipe by ~Bliss~
This is yet another of my recipes on my "need to try" them list, but I haven't done it yet.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good! I didn't pre-read the recipe and only had time to let the dough sit two hours. Added additional flour before rolling out, about 1/2 cup. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mash potatoes, sugar and butter.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to potato mixture mixing well.
- Cover, let sit at room temperature at least four hours.
- Roll out thick (1 inch) on floured board. (If dough is too sticky, work in more flour).
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with orange butter.
- Makes 2 dozen biscuits.